BAA Growth Challenge

14 November 2009

It's Been Awhile. . .

It's been a while since I updated this blog, I haven't really been doing much new stuff. I did try co-washing with Suave Naturals Coconut, and I didn't like it nearly as much as I love the V05 Moisture Milks. I've been co-washing/deep conditioning once a week and my hair has been doing pretty well moisture wise.

I finally got some coconut oil, so I'll see how that works in the conditioning process. I tried using the coconut oil on my face since it's also supposed to be good for that and not as expensive as Jojoba Oil, but the coconut oil didn't really do anything for my face. I think part of that may have been from all of the deep cleaning I've been doing on my face. I find that if I deep clean once a week, all I have to do is use a warm rag to wash my face the rest of the week. The deep cleaning method I think I prefer is using Bentonite Clay. That stuff really sucked a lot out of my face. LOL, you really can feel it drawing your face in. I also tried a "mask" that consists of egg white and toilet paper that worked really good in getting rid of black/whiteheads. Here's the video:



I recommend using 1-ply, because it takes too long for 2-ply to dry. Next time I do it, I'll separate the squares. I didn't do it three days in a row, once was enough for me (especially since I'd done the Bentonite Clay mask the day before), so I'll probably do it once a week. I think it does work better than Biore strips, it's much less expensive, and you can do your entire face instead of just your nose. If you have dry skin like me, you may want to do this at night so you can slather oil on your face and go to sleep.

I finally broke down and got some Jojoba Oil from HSU for about $25 for 16oz. I put some on my face as soon as I got home, and already my face feels so much better. It hasn't been itching, which was a big problem for me this week since I stripped all of the oil out of my face with the deep cleaning (something I'll never do again!).

I'll probably wash my hair again tomorrow, so I'll post a pic of my new growth when it's wet. I've been so tempted this week to just cut my hair so I can start working with my natural hair, but I'm making myself be patient because I know I'll end up regretting it the next day. If I do a BC, I don't plan on doing one for at least a year.