BAA Growth Challenge

16 October 2009

Bantu-Out Attempt 1

So last night I got bored and decided to try Bantu Knots for the first time to sleep in because I wanted my hair to be curly today. I only did 6 knots, they weren't very big/poofy so I wasn't sure how the curls would come out. This is the result:



There was no heat at all involved, I just wrapped it in a satin scarf and put a satin bonnet on. I used the method where you twist all the way from root to tip. The ones in the back felt a little loose, but I think that's because I'm still not used to actually doing stuff to the back of my hair. I'll get the hang of it. I think it turned out pretty well, don't you?

I also need to figure out how to separate the knots without them getting that frizzy look. That's probably something that comes with practice.