BAA Growth Challenge

11 September 2010

Yes to Cucumbers Conditioner Review (Finally!)

imageYes, so I’m finally doing my Yes to Cucumbers Conditioner Review. I’m not trying to make this suspenseful, so I’m just going to say I LOVE this stuff.

Ingredients: Water, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill Extract), Capsicum Annuum (green pepper extract), Maris Aqua (Dead Sea Water), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Magnesium Chloride, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Chamomile), Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Brassica Oleracea Italica Seed Oil (broccoli), Benzyl Alcohol, Spinacia Oleracea Leaf Extract (spinach), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower Oil, Maris Limus Silt Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract, Parfum/Fragrance, Triticum Vulgare Wheat Germ Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Peel Extract, Lactic Acid, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Dehydroacetate Acid

Price: Now, it’s kind of pricey if you get it in Target or Walgreens at around $9 a bottle but it’s totally worth it. I’ve heard people say they found it for $3.99 in Ross (I think that’s the name of the place) and TJMaxx, but I clearly haven’t been to either of those places. If I ever DO go to one of them and they have it for $3.99 I’m stocking up!

Smell: I wasn’t crazy about the smell when I first got it. It doesn’t smell BAD, but it also doesn’t smell yummy. It just smells, I guess you could say “clean.” It’s weird, I don’t care for the smell too much when it’s just in the bottle, but on my hear it smells rather nice. I don’t know if it’s my body chemistry or the water or what, but I love the smell.

Results: Here’s what the bottle says it will do:

You will love our Color Care Daily Makeover Conditioner, specially formulated to protect your color treated hair. Add moisture with organic cucumber, spring water and hydrating green tea to give you a glossy tangle-free shine.

Combines organic cucumbers, aloe vera, centaurea and Dead Sea minerals.

We've also added extracts of centaurea that contain a powerful blend of potent anti-oxidants to lock in color and protect fading. You can thank us later!

99.6% Natural ingredients.
For damaged/color treated hair.
Hydrates and adds shine.
Combines organic cucumbers, aloe vera, centaurea and dead sea minerals.
Free of parabens, petroleum and SLS.

Yes To Cucumbers: A cool calming way to make your hair shine and your skin glow from head to toe.

Against animal testing.

I remember the first time I used this, and my hair INSTANTLY felt super soft. And when I say Instantly, I mean as I was raking the product through my hair, my hair felt cottony soft (it didn’t feel dry, just think of how soft good cotton feels). I was reluctant to rinse it out. This is not a one time event either. EVERY TIME I’ve used this product to co-wash my hair has felt the same way. No matter how dry it felt before doing the wash, my hair ended up feeling really soft. When I rinsed my hair felt super moisturized.

I’ve even used it as a Deep Conditioner by adding Raw Honey and EVOO to it and LOVED it. Honestly, in my eyes this product can do no wrong. the only way I haven’t tried it is as a leave-in, and that’s only because I have this complex about using rinse out conditioner as a leave-in. I just feel like there’s a REASON you’re supposed to rinse it out.

Afros: All in all, I give this product 5 out of 5 Afros. I can’t find anything to complain about other than the price, and honestly considering the product does what it says it’s going to do and NOTHING else I’ve tried makes my hair feel the same way I don’t mind the price. I’ve had this bottle for a couple of months and I still have like a third of it left. If you haven’t tried this product, I say give it a whirl, you may just fall in love with it.

I took a picture of my hair after using this product as a deep conditioner to try to give an idea of what my hair looks like afterwards, it’s not as clear/defined as I’d like, but I think you guys will get the general idea. I also just wore my hair as a WNG (I can’t remember if I added a leave in/oil afterwards) but I’ll attach a photo of that as well.