BAA Growth Challenge

14 June 2010

My New Wash N Go Method

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So even though I BC’d less than a month ago, I wanted to perfect my WNG. I knew it was going to be one of my staple styles over the summer since it’s hot, and I’m lazy when I’m hot. So the accordion method I was talking about in previous posts works out fine, but my hair wouldn’t stay defined when it dried. It turned into a curly fro. I liked the curly fro look, but I still wanted to try my hand at defining the curls a little. Find out what I did over the jump

 

So here's exactly what I did:

1. Wet Hair thoroughly (I used cold water)

2. Add V05 (the day before I used Tresemme Naturals, both worked equally well, I tried a different one today to see if I could get the same or better results) and detangle with fingers in sections (this really doesn't take very long at all, especially if you did it the day before)

3. After de-tangling using the kimmaytube method to get rid of shed hairs, flatten your hands and run them over your hair

4. Rinse your hair, don't touch it, just let the water run over it, I start out leaning back and letting the cold water run over it then when I feel like all of the conditioner is out, I may bend over to make sure I get the back, and the same for the sides. You can run your hands OVER your hair but make sure you run it in the same direction the water is going don't rub.

5. Shake, shake, shake, shake, shake until most of the water is out. I start out shaking while leaning back, then I stand up and shake, then I shake from side to side by tipping my head from left to right, then bend over and shake. This basically makes your hair really fluffy.

6. Add leave-in of your choice making sure to get it all over. Again don't rub, just run your hands over your hair repeatedly. I do it from front to back, then from back to front, then from side to side. Until your hair is saturated. It should dry clear, so don't worry if your hair is a little white.

7. Shake it like a Polaroid picture (LOL), seriously, shake your hair again as much as you want. You should see the curls clumping together at this point.

8. Add oil of your choice to further seal in moisture the same way you added the leave-in, I used EVOO.

9. Shake again as much as you want (or can handle)


Here's what my hair looked like after that:


10. Style as you wish, or you can wait and style after it dries a bit

11. Resist the temptation to touch it.


All of this takes less than 10 minutes really.

 

Here it is dry:


The product does dry clear (as you can tell better by the pictures at the top of this post. And it’s really nice and shiny (as shiny as our hair can get) from the inside pictures.

My hair dries super soft and light, it doesn't feel weighed down at all, and it's MOISTURIZED which stops tangles (because you're actually sealing in the moisture instead of just leaving on a conditioner alone). No gel is required, you may be able to add it, but my hair doesn't really care too much for gel when it comes to WNGs.