BAA Growth Challenge

05 December 2009

Comparison Shots + My Regimen

Hey to anyone reading this! So I'm trying to figure out how long my new growth is and how fast it's growing. Here's a pic from after co-washing but before deep conditioning from 10/13/09:





and here's one from 12/2/09:





Not bad for seven weeks, eh? As you can see, my hair gets a LOT of shrinkage, it'll be interesting to see when I cut the relaxed ends off.

My current regimen:

Co-Wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream Moisture Milk
Deep Condition: Castor Oil & Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) Olive Oil Replenishing Deep Conditioner (put on cap and sit for 45 minutes to an hour)
Moisture Sealing (post-wash): Aussie Hair Insurance Leave In Conditioner, Raw Coconut Oil, ORS Olive Oil Incredibly Rich Oil Moisturiing Hair Lotion, Raw Shea Butter

Here's a pic of what I use in the order in which I use it (from left to right):




That's it. After I do the moisture sealing stuff, I either put my hair in Bantu-knots and sit under a dryer on medium heat for an hour, or I band it and let it get mostly dry and while it's still damp put in my bantu-knots. Here's what it looks like when I'm all done (this is the one I did on 12/2 when I let it mostly air dry before knotting it. When I knot it and then sit under the dryer the knots are smaller, but the result is the same):



and here's the end result: