BAA Growth Challenge

11 February 2010

The Best Two-Strand Flat Twist Tutorial I've Found

So I posted a link a couple of weeks (or maybe months) ago on how to do a two strand flat twist. While that tutorial was really good and nice and short and to the point, it wasn't quite as detailed as this one. (I would embed the vid, but I don't know how the girl that did the video would feel about that, so just go watch it on YouTube :o) )

The reason why my twists weren't so hot was because I was picking up too much hair as I was going, which made my flat twists loose like the ones on the right in the video as opposed to tighter like the ones on the left. I still have to work on the back, but I got the front/top perfect:


It took me a little over an hour to do them, and they are far from perfect, but they are a vast improvement over what they looked like before. Notice how once we get to the back/bottom you can't even see the parts anymore? LOL, such is the story of my hair. I'm thinking I'm going to have looser curls in the front, really tight curls in the middle, and something between the other two in the back. I can't wait to find out in May!

My hands were killing me while I was doing this, especially when I was doing the left side (I'm right-handed) because I couldn't figure out how to put my hands, but I think practice makes perfect, so I'll keep working on them.

All I put on my hair was a spray that has mostly water a little Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner, and a little Aussie Moist Conditioner. When I was finished I put a little Castor Oil on the parts since I am doing that challenge and you're supposed to use it on your scalp twice a week. Note: This was done on dry hair (outside of that spray) that had been stretched, so if I do it on wet non-stretched hair, I'm not sure I'd get the same results. Maybe I'll try that next time.

Normally, I wash on Fridays, but seeing as how I just put these in, I think I'll leave them in until either my head starts itching like crazy, or I get tired of them. I'll probably end up getting bored and decide to wash my hair on Saturday. LOL