BAA Growth Challenge

12 March 2010

My First “Puff”

Okay, so I said I was going to try a two strand twist bantu-knot out.

 

 

 

Well, it didn’t come out the way I thought it would. I thought I’d get the nice looser squiggly curls. Instead I got a bit of a looser curl than my normal bantu-knot outs, it wasn’t really any more defined or anything. Oh well, I’ll keep trying. Anyway, this is what it looked like after I used some raw shea butter to take it out:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah, that is sooooo not cute. I was disappointed. But I decided to take this disappointment and turn it into an opportunity! The result is my first “puff”:

So I just sprayed the front with my water/conditioner/oils mix (I don’t remember what all is in there. . .  then i used some clear EcoStyler Gel to pull it back. I’d see a tip where people used knee highs to pull their hair back in a puff, so that’s what I used. I don’t think it’s bad. It’s not my FAVORITE hairstyle, I think I’ll like it better when I have an Afro.

UPDATE: I just took this pic playing around with my camera and loved it, so I have to share: