BAA Growth Challenge

08 March 2010

Raw Honey Masque (Skin)

Okay, so this isn’t hair related, but i had to share.

So I did my weekly Bentonite Clay Honey Masque today, and afterwards I decided I wanted to try a raw honey masque for moisture. I'd tried with pure honey before but it irritated my face, so I decided to look stuff up on google to see what I'd find.


I ended up doing a masque that was (this is approximate):


Equal Amounts of Raw Honey and Bottled Water (I think it was probably 1- 1 1/2 tablespoons) and
A little less than half of that amount Olive Oil. Mix well, it'll be pretty thin (maybe I'll try to do it thicker next time so it's not so runny, but my face wasn't dripping it kinda formed little droplets on my face)


I put a warm rag on my face to re-open the pores then I put the raw honey mixture on my face. I left it on for about 10-20 minutes (I was gonna try for 45, but I didn't want that stuff to dry on my face ~lol~). Then I wiped it off with warm water. I got ALL of it off, so my face wasn't sticky at all.


After that I put a couple of drops of Jojoba Oil.

My face looks and feels awesome right now. It's so smooth, I have to remind myself not to touch it. The honey didn't irritate my face at all and I feel more moisturized than I have since Winter started. My face looks radiant right now, so I figured I had to share this with ya'll.