BAA Growth Challenge

14 May 2010

Carol’s Daughter Tui Shampoo and Hair Smoothie Review

Okay, I don’t think it’s a secret that I don’t care too much for Carol’s Daughter (CD) hair products. I bout them a while ago and they didn’t work too well on my relaxed hair which was always dry (probably because I didn’t know how to really properly care for it). So today I decided to wash my hair because I didn’t care too much for the puff I did with my twist out (I’ll post pics of that later) and I wanted to shampoo my hair. So I decided to use some of that CD stuff since I had it and that stuff is NOT cheap. So anywhoo, my hair was kind of unruly because I combed out the twist out dry (first mistake, but I didn’t feel like pre-pooing).

Then I washed my hair using the Tui shampoo, I did it twice, the second time rinsing until the water dripping off of my hair was clear. My hair was already feeling kinda dry, I don’t know if it’s because I didn’t pre-poo or what, but the product doesn’t SAY to pre-poo. Here’s my hair with the shampoo in it: 

My hair felt dry even as I was shampooing, but maybe that was because of the cleansing.

Here’s my hair after I rinsed the second time. It was kind of soft, and I do know that it started to dry really quickly which is what my hair does when it’s totally clean. I barely had time to scoop the smoothie on it. Here:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So then it was time to deep condition. Now the instructions on the smoothie say to leave on for 5-15 minutes and you can add heat for another boost. Seeing as how my hood dryer blew out a couple of months ago, I just left it on my hair for a little over an hour. When I was putting it on my hair there was like NO slip. I got more slip with the shampoo than I did with the hair smoothie (which is supposed to be a conditioner. When I rinsed it out my hair didn’t feel as moisturized as it normally does. Unfortunately I didn’t take my camera with me when I went to rinse it out, so I don’t have pics of that.

So overall, I wasn’t satisfied with my hair. It was really dry after I let it dry stretched for a couple of hours before blowdrying on the cool setting (I felt like doing my hair today rather than tomorrow). It feels soft and moisturized NOW, but I think that’s because of the products I used to style it. Suffice it to say I won’t be using the rest of that stuff. Maybe I’ll be a glutton and try again after I BC, but I doubt it. I do have some Black vanilla stuff left too, so I’ll check out those ingredients and maybe try them out the next time I need to shampoo.